First and foremost, hiring a professional bathroom remodeling contractor can be the best choice you make if you are looking forward to getting yourself a swanky new bathroom. With years of experience, a professional contractor can help you turn your old bathroom into new.
Although many contractors come armed with their own designs, down to the last intricate detail, most of them may ask for inputs from you. So, keeping in hand your complete design specification is suggested.
Hiring a professional contractor can prove expensive. To reduce cost, if budget is an issue, you can consider buying all the materials yourself. This will help you reduce cost and make sure that not a penny is going into the wrong book of expenses.
While there is no dearth of good contractors, make sure you do a background check before hiring one. Also ask for references from selected contractors to learn what their customers think of their services. Last and certainly not the least, a professional bathroom remodeling contractor who gives you a tight schedule is undoubtedly the best choice you have made. Think about it. Although you may have a spare bathroom to use during the days when your other bathroom is getting remodeled, a bunch of employees from the remodeling company tramping about in your house isn’t a pretty sight. It is however impossible for any company or expert to guarantee a deadline because more than often something or the other is always going amiss and those last minute changes are always in order, no matter how well planned and well orchestrated the plan may be.
After you hire a professional bathroom remodeling contractor expect these phases:
- Design – This is the time when you really need to put your head into the job. Think and plan out of the box and go for a specific set of designs, Narrow down on the one you like the most and give the professional a go ahead.
- Demolition – This part is the one that makes your life a tad little difficult because it is during this phase that the professionals will start hammering down the walls, floors and more. It gets noisy, really noisy during this time. Keeping away from the bathroom is highly recommended.
- Roughing-In – It is now that the professional will start to fit in the electrical and the plumbing equipments and fittings. They will provide the materials that either you or they may have bought and make sure that you overlook the designs, properly!
- Installation – After the Rough-In phase, it is now that the installations of the shower, bathroom sink, toilets are done. The bathtub is either made or installed according to plan. You will see feel the new bathroom, it is only a matter of days now before you can start to enjoy it for real.
- Flooring, Cabinets, Wall Installations – Finally! The flooring is laid. If there are any cabinets to be installed it is done now. The walls are closed up and the fixtures are all installed in place.
After all the installations are made, a final inspection is made and the doors to your new bathroom are opened for you. All you got to do now is walk in and enjoy the fruits of your investment.